The Prepatch is here! And it brought some substantial changes to WoW Pet Battling. Oof size: Large
A very brief overview of the changes:
- Black Claw and similar abilities changed in the way they work
- Flock and similar abilities appliying Shattered Defenses have been significantly nerfed
- Many healing abilities have been changed to heal flat amounts instead of a variance
- Many, many, abilities have been slightly changed
- Many tamer fights have been changed as well to work better with the above changes
You can read much more about all the changes in our full compendium of Shadowlands changes
These changes affect almost every single strategy hosted on Xu-Fu's and that's why we did some drastic changes:
1. Two new tags: Caution (SL) and Broken (SL)
Pre-Shadowlands strategies will have the tag Caution (SL)
, also marked prominently on top of the strategy. This tag only shows that the strategy might not work anymore and has not been tested, yet.
If we find one that the strategy is actually broken thanks to Shadowlands, we will add the tag Broken (SL)
and unpublish it.
If you are the owner of such a strategy, you can modify the tags yourself and republish.
=> Please be truthful and don't remove the tag without testing your strategy first!
2. Reset of all favourites and ratings
Very large Oof. Over the last 2 years, strategies have been tested, rated and favourited by many of you and they gave the page a lot of additional value. With the above changes, much of those will have lost their value entirely because many strategies simply won't work the same anymore. We discussed this internally and decided that it would be misleading to keep these ratings around and the only sensible step going forward is a full reset.
=> This will be very disruptive for casual visitors and pet battlers and we sincerely apologise for that!
Yet, we found it to be the better alternative than having strategies that don't work anymore high up in the priorities for a long time.
Thank you for your understanding!